Privacy & Terms
The Catholic Faith Network (“CFN”) maintains this website (the “Site”) for the purposes of information, education, and communication. The following constitutes the privacy notice to all site users by CFN.
1. COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
Your privacy is important to us. CFN is committed to protecting your privacy and provides this notice to explain its online information practices, as well as the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. We have made this notice available on the CFN homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
2. SCOPE OF POLICY
3. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
When voluntarily submitted by you, CFN may collect personal information about you. Such information may include, but not be limited to, your name, e-mail address, phone number, credit card number and billing address, as well as residential and business postal addresses either directly or via third party applets.
CFN may collect information about you through the site at the following times and in the following ways such as upon registration as a user on our web-site when required, enrollment or joining a special program, or through the online donation application.
In addition to the above, automatic collection by CFN may take place. In the course of CFN providing those services that are described on the site, the CFN web and application server automatically collects information, including, without limitation, the following: URLs that you access through the site; the date and time of usage; your internet protocol (IP) address; your Internet service provider (ISP); referring/exit pages; platform type; date/time stamp; number of clicks; and your browser type.
CFN collects this information for a variety of reasons, among which are the following: to perform effective capacity planning; to administer the Site; to troubleshoot Web site performance; to track users’ movements in the aggregate; to gather demographic information for aggregate use; and to document revenue-generating transactions from online donations.
4. USE OF INFORMATION
Personally identifiable information is treated in a way that protects privacy and security. Only trained and qualified employees, agents and professionals with a need-to-know, who are performing their CFN-related duties, are given to access the information you choose to provide.
Your personal information may also be used in other ways, in connection with CFN’s mission-related operations, pursuant to your express consent or instruction, or pursuant to your implied consent by virtue of your use of the site or CFN services. CFN does not sell e-mail addresses to any third party.
5. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Personal information is disclosed to the extent needed to deliver a service or program you have requested. Vendors and third parties are prohibited from using this information for any purpose outside of the scope of use necessary to their CFN-related activity.
Third parties with whom we may share selected personal information include, but are not limited to the following: Internal departments or other organizations within the CFN framework, our auditors, conference members and other third parties as permitted or required by law.
Your personal information may also be shared in other ways, in connection with CFN’s mission-related operations, pursuant to your express consent or instruction, or pursuant to your implied consent by virtue of your use of the Site or CFN services.
6. COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important to CFN. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
7. HOW YOU CAN CORRECT YOUR INFORMATION
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request via email that credibly shows error.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before making corrections.
8. HOW TO CONTACT US
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please call us at 516-538-8700 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms of Website Use
The Catholic Faith Network (CFN) maintains this website (the “Site”) for the purposes of information, education, and communication.
The following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”), as well as all applicable local, state and federal laws, govern use of the Site. By accessing and browsing the site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, all Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
1. BROWSING OF THE SITE IS PERMITTED AND WELCOMED.
2. ALL CONTENT AND MATERIAL (including, without limitation, text and images) appearing on the Site (collectively, the Material) is copyrighted unless otherwise expressly noted. Accordingly, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions or otherwise in the Site, the Material may not be used, distributed, modified, transmitted, reused, or reposted for public or commercial purposes, without the express written permission of CFN. For information on how to obtain such permission, please call us at 516-538-8700 or send us an email at email@example.com.
3. MATERIALS MAY BE DOWNLOADED solely for non-commercial personal use, provided, however, that all copyright and similar notices are maintained when the Materials are downloaded. CFN neither warrants nor represents that use by you of any Materials is permitted and will not infringe the intellectual property rights of third parties.
4. BROWSING of the site and use of downloaded materials is at your own risk. CFN makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the Materials and assumes no responsibility or liability for errors or omissions that may appear in site content. Further, CFN makes no warranties or representations that the site is virus free. Consequently, CFN assumes no responsibility or liability for any damage (whether direct, incidental, consequential, or indirect) that you may incur because of damage to your computer as a result of viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel boots, corrupted files or any similar problems that may occur as a result of any of your browsing or use of the site or the materials.
5. CFN MAINTAINS NO CONTROL OVER SITES OF THIRD PARTIES that may be linked to the Site (Third-Party sites). Linking by CFN to a third-party site shall not be considered to, and does not, constitute an endorsement of any service or product that may be described or contained on such third-party site.
CFN makes no warranties or representations concerning the content of any third-party site or that such third-party sites are virus free. Consequently, CFN assumes no responsibility or liability for the content of any third-party site or for any damage (whether direct, incidental, consequential, or indirect) that you may incur because of damage to your computer as a result of viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel boots, corrupted files or any similar problems that may occur as a result of any of your browsing or use of third-party sites.
6. IN THE EVENT YOU CHOOSE TO TRANSMIT COMMUNICATIONS OR MATERIALS of any nature (collectively, your communications) to the site, you agree that your communications will be deemed, and be treated, as public information in which you have no ownership or proprietary interest, and with respect to which you are entitled to no credit or compensation. Consequently, you consent that any or all of your communications, or any part thereof, may be used, posted, reproduced, and transmitted in any fashion by CFN, in its sole discretion, without your permission.
7. THE SITE CONTAINS both registered and unregistered trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively, Intellectual Property) of CFN and, from time to time, third parties. Under no circumstances shall the appearance of this Intellectual Property on the site be deemed by you as an authorization or license for you to use or reproduce this intellectual property in any form or fashion without the express written consent of the owner thereof. Unauthorized use of the intellectual property is strictly prohibited.
8. SITE MATERIAL (including, without limitation, discussion groups, postings, chat rooms, and bulletin boards) is monitored from time-to-time by CFN, which expressly retains the right to edit the content of site material, in its sole discretion. Notwithstanding the foregoing, from time-to-time, users or third parties may post or include inaccurate, inappropriate, offensive or illegal materials or communications within site materials. CFN will make reasonable efforts to prevent such postings, and to remove such postings as expeditiously as practicable; however, CFN assumes no obligation, and offers no representation or guarantee, that the site will at all times be absolutely free of such content. Consequently, CFN assumes no responsibility or liability for any damage that may be incurred by any user or third party arising in direct or indirect connection with any content on the site that may be inaccurate, defamatory, false, obscene, pornographic or otherwise inappropriate.
9. BY ACCESSING AND BROWSING THE SITE, I agree, without limiting my agreements and obligations contained elsewhere in the Terms and Conditions and which may exist otherwise as a matter of applicable law, that I will not, in connection with my use/browsing of the Site:
Make communication with, or provide materials to, the Site that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel boots, corrupted files or similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property;
Create or use any false identity with intent to mislead others;
Violate the copyright or Intellectual Property rights of others;
Publish, post, disseminate or distribute any inaccurate, defamatory, false, obscene, pornographic or otherwise inappropriate material or content;
Advertise the sale of, or offer to sell, any goods or services;
Use the site to publish, post, disseminate or distribute any surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email or spamming; or
Use the Site to harvest or collect information about other users or third parties, including email addresses I agree that I shall be and remain legally liable for any damages that may result from any of the foregoing prohibited activities, or from any other activities that constitute a violation of applicable law committed in connecting with my use of the Site.
Terms and Conditions may be modified at any time by CFN. By accessing and browsing (Use) the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, all Terms and Conditions that are in effect at the time of use.